Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

All Fired Up!!!

At 3:05PM today I fired up the kiln for only the third time!  Perhaps not the most efficient load.  I had one tall piece, but no quarter self.  So there is a lot of wasted volume.  Not even sure if I can get a quarter shelf.   Anyhow, the picture below shows the load.  I added a few more flat pieces on the top that are not in the photo.


It is mostly greenware, but there are some under-glaze pieces and a few low fire glaze bisque pieces.  I am firing to cone 04 bisque.  In Hawaii the instructor loaded both greenware and low fire bisque glaze ware in the same firing.  I hope it works for me too!!!  I guess I will know late tomorrow or early Wednesday when it is cool enough to unload.  In the meantime I am working on a couple new "crazy" pots this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment