Pages - Menu

Monday, July 21, 2014

Whoever Said Loading the Kiln Was Not A Challenge!!! Not me...

This morning I loaded the kiln for a bisque fire.  Now, I know that I have some very fragile greenware in this load.  I am doing very little underglaze work on the greenware because of this fact.  However, it is the set-up of the shelves that can be the problem.

After a slight a bump, I knocked one of the vases off the self and it fell into the rabbit mask below breaking the ear beyond repair.  So, the title for this piece is now "Broken Rabbit"!  LOL  I am no  longer upset about the breakage (mask and vase).  However, at the time, perhaps even my neighbors could hear the  #0%*#!$ I yelled!!!

Shelf one, but was later changed...

Newly arranged shelf one...
Yellow vase on top fell on rabbit ear before the orb was on the shelf (thank goodness!)...
Broken rabbit ear...
Top shelf and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment