Pages - Menu

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Too Big!!!

Well, I made my "Mostly Moose" wall mask yesterday.  In addition, I moved my "Broken Rabbit 2" from my working board to a kiln shelf after it dried and by golly if the ear did not break again.  It broke where I had a stamp impression and the clay was to thin in that area.  Lesson learned.  Anyhow the broken ear is in one piece and I will be able to use it as an embellishment on the final piece of art.  However, I think I learned that I need to move the piece before it is completely dry and less brittle.  So, I moved the moose piece this AM and it is too big for the 1/2 kiln shelf.  Scary, but I got it moved into the kin without a major break.   I did loose the wing of the flying pear, but I think I have that successfully repaired.  Next time I will scale it down a bit!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment