Pages - Menu

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas Gift...

For Christmas, my youngest sister Bobbie gave me some cash to buy art supplies.  And in an effort to get organized in the studio, I found a set of metal shelves on wheels that I could use as a "glazing station".  This equipment will get the glazes off my fixed shelves leaving more space for my work pieces.

The unit arrived yesterday.  Luckily it was all one piece; no assembly required, even the wheels were on!   I quickly unpacked it, and populated it with my glazes.  What I did not anticipate is that the wire shelves are not strong enough to hold the weight of several glaze bottles.  Actually it holds them, but the wire sheves flex under the weight.  Over time, I think they might fail.  I will have to come up with some sort of support system or rigid bottom.  In addition it does not roll as well as I had hoped.  But all in all I like it! It is a great organizer and it will be a great convenience!  Soon the weather will warm I will be able to easily move it in and out of the studio to glaze outdoors!




No comments:

Post a Comment