Pages - Menu

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Request for Hanging Bird Seed Tray...

A fellow Master Gardener recently asked if I could create 4-6 hanging bird feed trays to sell at the July 2014 Master Gardener plant sale.  Of course, I said yes.  It will give me a means to test if such an item is sale-able; a win-win!

I began by searching the web for "images".  I was surprised that there were not more examples on the web, so turned to Etsy to see what the craft world was doing... Again, there were few offerings.  Perhaps there  is a need.

As a bird feeder myself, I can see that a dish has some draw backs.  Most obvious is the seed volume.  It requires frequent replenishment.  In addition, it is vulnerable to weather.  So, I guess a dish is a short term fair weather method of feeding our flying friends!

Below are some examples that I will use for inspiration...

I like the compartments for different food...

I guess this helps a bit with the weather

Multi-feeder - interesting - I think the birds might knock it over, hmmmmm

I guess some birds love them!!!
Well, I guess I will get sketching...


No comments:

Post a Comment