Pages - Menu

Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's About Time! to Fire my Kiln Again!

OMG!!!  It took forever to glaze my work!  Each piece is like a painting!  Even worse, the glazes need three coats!  I need to figure out some "dip-glaze" projects!!!!

Started the kiln to a cone 04 bisque at about 10:45 AM this morning. The studio temp was about 58 deg F.  Most of the work has glaze; some on bisque and many on greenware. I am trying several new glazes.  I hope they turn out as expected and again I hope for success in the "one" fire process.  Monday afternoon the kiln should be cool enough to remove the goods!  I cross my fingers that my "illumination/reflections" piece is good enough to submit to the art show?!?!?  The photos and submission form are due Feb 3rd!





No comments:

Post a Comment