Pages - Menu

Friday, April 4, 2014

Kiln Almost Full!

I need to fire again and I am working hard to get the kiln filled!  I have some pieces that are part of a metal sculpture project for my class so they have to be ready in a week or two! Much of the kiln is re-glazing pieces that I did not like from the last firing.

In addition I am trying a new process; transfers.  I hope it works because instead of doing "test" pieces, I have put them directly on work that I want to give away!  Cross my fingers again!  I also created a sculpture that is on the edge for thickness.  I dried it in the oven for several hours hoping that I get all of the moisture out so that it does not explode!  I probably should have used a coiled process to create the sculpture.  Cross my fingers again!!!

A few more greenware plant pots and I will be ready to go.  Hopefully no later than next weekend...






No comments:

Post a Comment