Pages - Menu

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Making the poppies - The Tower of London Remembers

I first saw the Tower of London poppies installation on the Ceramic Arts Daily website.  What an amazing project.  At first I did not realize the purpose of the installation or that each poppy represents an individual who died in. first world war..



I have been inspired to create my own (much smaller of course) poppy installation. to install along side my live wild flowers.  I will use the native California poppy  which is orange and has a slightly different pedal configuration.  I will use two rows of two pedals instead of three.  In addition, I think I will spray paint instead of glaze.   I am hoping to get started this week.


3 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the end result. And the California Poppy makes much more sense for an installation in AZ. :)

    ReplyDelete