Pages - Menu

Thursday, April 23, 2015

The White Garden

I am planting my white garden today.  The plants surround my "White Forest" sculpture.  I might add a couple white adirondack chairs in the future.
  • 14 "edelweiss" white lavender
  • 3 "white cloud" muhly grasses
I think other plantings will come at another time.  I am hoping to pick up some white Siberian iris at the local Iris Society plant sale May 2nd.  Most of the plants are rabbit and deer resistant.  However, they like the muhly grass and I will probably have to surround them with chicken wire until they are bigger.

lavender - summer bloom
muhly grass - fall bloom
In addition, I am considering a white flowering shade tree and installation of  ceramic white poppies...  The "White Garden" might be my first use of the ceramic poppies.

I just finished planting...  It is hard to see many of the very young lavender.  It will be fun to take another photo several months from now.


If I leave the bench in this garden, of course, I will paint it white!

No comments:

Post a Comment