Pages - Menu

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It's a Miracle!

It was a rainy day yesterday and I spent over three hours in the studio actually working with clay!!!  Of course, I made some poppies and then worked on a piece for a local art show which will run June 29 - August 15.

Today I am back in the studio and the rain is clearing!  More poppies and a second piece for the show.  I must be inspired!

The art show "Street Scene" is:
"As you traverse streets looking at the buildings, cars, people, sidewalks, landscapes or alleys, you see a number of vignettes or smaller areas that capture your interest. Capture the light, colors, graffiti or landscapes – the options are endless. This show asks artists “What is seen on the streets you travel”?"

I am loosely interpreting the theme of this show.  I am working from a photograph for the first piece and the second piece is strictly made up in my mind!  Hmmmmmmm....

The piece below is called "Street Feet" and is based on a photograph.  I have added my "flying pear" which will be wearing a pair of shoes when completed. 


The piece below is called "Street Walking"  It is a city street draped over a wooden shoe form.  I have lots more buildings to make before the first firing...


Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment