Pages - Menu

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Just Waiting...

Yesterday, I finished the greenware for this next firing.  I am just waiting for pieces to dry.  I hope to fire next Thursday, May 21.

Second shelf - lots of poppies!



I still don't know what to call these "creatures" (raven/rabbits) I have created; perhaps "ravbits"! LOL



This piece is the last one I made and I think I will enter it into the "Black & White with a Splash of Color" art show in September.  


I am thinking of this color scheme:
  • left creature:  black
  • middle creature:  black & white
  • right creature:   white
  • splash of color:  pink inside ears and the "rope" that ties them together
What do you think???



4 comments:

  1. How about 'rabits' or 'rabens'?

    The trio...hmmm...How will you do the black and white...split down the middle or somewhat 'splotchy'? The pink is probably a good 'splash' of color...what shade will you be using? A light pink or something more vivid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "rabens"... I am not sure on the middle figure. I have thought of doing it both ways. It is probably an easier glazing if I split it down the middle, but less interesting. The pink, I am not sure. I have to mix a red and white, and it never quite looks like the fired color, so it is a guessing game.

    Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, split down the middle is less interesting...a weird merge, where it's like the colors are blending into each other, for me would be interesting but I expect pretty hard to accomplish. When all else fails there's always dots... :)

    And not knowing what the pink will look like, well a bit of a surprise could be fun...maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I think I meant to type "ravits" not "rabits" (too much like rabbits). :) You could even use both...ravits for one color and rabens for the other. Yes, I am getting a little silly.

    ReplyDelete