Pages - Menu

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Step Stool Benefit for Step Up For Kids Organization

I attended the Step Stool silent auction last night at 'Tis Gallery.  It was quite stunning to see all 61 step stools in the same location!  My friend and fellow artist, Mary Kaye O'Neill also attended.   I think we were the only two who added special handles to our step stools and mine was a great success!  Thank you Mary Kaye for that idea...

I saw a man looking at my stool and he put in an opening bid $75 (it was the minimum).  He gave me a card as he represented the Hilton in town.  They were going to purchased 4 stools for the Hotel.

Later in the evening I saw a women looking at my stool and I introduced myself as the artist.  She loved the stool and the handle!  She bid $100.  I was excited.  Shortly after, I saw a "sold" sign on the stool which means that someone bid the max price of $150!  Only four stools that night "sold" for full price.  I felt pretty good...  Interesting enough the woman who bid $100 was disappointed she could not bid higher than the $150 max!  She told me she did not buy any other stool that night, she wanted mine!!!  I will be honest, it was definitely an ego booster!  LOL

I met the couple who did buy my stool.  They have a 3 yr old at home and the wife is pregnant...

a little blurry as it was taken with my phone w/o a flash...
So it found a nice home and will be used for many years!  Perhaps it will be passed down to the next generation, a little worn and tired, but nonetheless a step stool!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful!!!! So glad there was a 'bidding war' on your stool. Interesting that the Hilton Rep gave you his card. I wonder if he'll be contacting you for a commission. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure no commission. There were 60 other stools to choose from and it would be more than $150 if I made a duplicate! LOL

    ReplyDelete